ThingWorx simplifies building, deploying, and running machine-to-machine and Internet of Things applications with latest release
This new version introduces capabilities that further reduce the cost, time, and risk associated with building machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications in markets ranging from manufacturing, energy, and food to medical devices, smart cities, smart grid, agriculture, and transportation.
Version 4.0 of ThingWorx introduces the ThingWorx Composer, a unified HTML5-based development environment for building and deploying ThingWorx applications. With Composer, developers, IT specialists, and business analysts can quickly model the connectivity, data storage, collaboration, business logic, and security required for connecting smart “things,” and then use these elements to create rich, interactive applications without writing code using the ThingWorx drag-and-drop Mashup Builder. These development tools reduce the time required to build and deploy new user experiences, building on the 10X speed advantage ThingWorx has had over traditional development platforms.
Additionally, Version 4.0 of the ThingWorx Platform provides a number of new features:
- Integrated Search allows context-aware search to be built into applications development and runtime.
- Device Browsing enables developers to automatically add edge devices, machines, and systems to ThingWorx with nearly zero effort.
- An enhanced Extensibility Toolkit enables partners, customers, and OEMs to extend the capabilities of ThingWorx with their unique intellectual property to deliver applications, services, and visualizations that meet the needs of their targeted markets.
- New connectivity extensions provide integration to M2M and industrial protocols such as MQTT, OData, OPC, Modbus, Zigbee/ZWave, and others.
- Expanded capabilities for integration with many leading enterprise CRM and ERP systems, big data analytics tools, and public web services.
- Project team development features improve productivity for distributed development teams through chat and online collaboration, audit trail documentation, and configuration management.