We’ve been thinking about the Internet of Things all wrong.
- Big data analytics for IOT software revenues will experience strong growth, reaching $81 billion by 2022 says Strategy Analytics
- Smart Cities will use 1.6 billion connected things in 2016 says Gartner
- By 2025 IOT will be a $1.6 trillion opportunity in Healthcare alone says McKinsey
- 50 billion+ connected devices will exist by 2020 says Cisco
- Data captured by IOT connected devices will top 1.6 zettabytes in 2020 says ABI Research
Numbers. Numbers. Numbers.
If the predictions are to be believed, there is no way that current analytical solutions will be able to manage that level of information across that size of connected landscape. Of course, no singular platform needs to, but all solutions in the immediate future will require artificial intelligence capabilities.Read more